Sunday, September 20, 2009

More Painting Space Marines

I have an update to my Space Marine painting. I've continued to shade the marines. After the previous coat of 1:1 Regal Blue to Ultramarine Blue, I added the following:

  • 1:2 Regal Blue to Ultramarine Blue
  • Ultramarine Blue
  • 2:1 Ultramarine Blue to Codex Grey

Each coat is painted in a slightly smaller area. The goal is to shade the model to match an imaginary light source. In my case, my light source is directly above the model. Here are the results:

I'm now only painting 2 marines. I'm going to finish them before starting others, so that I can improve on my technique for those later models.

I also started painting my Tyranid spores. This has been basecoated with Chaos Black spray, then painted with Blood Red, then washed with Chestnut Ink. I had tried Red Ink, but unfortunately, that color is too close to Blood Red.

No comments: